Why Character Matters to YOU?
Character matters to you because is the most effective tool on earth, more important than
- It establishes and strengthens your inner life so that you are a person of integrity and honour.
- It enables you to effectively fulfill your purpose and potential.
- It protects your leadership and your vision-preventing you from cancelling them prematurely and enabling you to leave a legacy for your own generation.
Three vital components of leadership:
- PURPOSE – Vision
- POTENTIAL – Ability
- PRINCIPLES – Values
- Purpose – Mentality – Vision
- Potential – Ability – Power
- Principles – Responsibility – Character
- Are the foundation of character
The Three Essentials of Leadership
Three components of leadership:
- Principles produce character.
- Character is more important than charisma.
- Values are more important than vision.
Leadership is impossible without a
- A guiding vision and a purpose.
- A deep passion for accomplishment.
- Principles that regulate leadership behaviour.
Integrating Vision and Values
- Vision without values is destiny without discipline.
- Vision is protected by values.
- Vision is interpreted through values.
- The organizational vision is corporate purpose in pictures.
- Organizational values are corporate convictions manifested.
- Vision and values are the marriage of purpose and principles.
- Character is accountability to self-others and God.
- Accountability is the obligation to report to those who are responsible TO and Responsible FOR.
- Accountability is commitment to your personal integrity.
- Personal decision is never private.
- Your private life is simply a demonstration of your public declaration.
The Power of Character
- Character and integrity are protection of leadership.
Leadership without Character
- Leadership without character is Power with Principle.
- Leadership without character is gifts of the Spirit without the fruit of the Spirit.
- Leadership without Character is an abuse of Trust.
- A leader’s gift is only as safe as the Character that contains it
- Violation of Character forfeits the privilege to use serve your gift.
The Priority of Character
- The goal of true leadership is Integrity.
- The most important component of leadership is Character.
- Character is integrity manifested.
Character in Leadership
- The creditability of leadership is CHARACTER.
- The force of Leadership is CHARACTER.
- The trust of leadership is CHARACTER.
- The legitimacy of Leadership is CHARACTER.
- The integrity of Leadership is CHARACTER.